Saturday 7 March 2009

Poppicrafts Competition - Fun with flowers

This months competition is focusing on flowers and what we can do with them.

The winning prize will be a £35 Poppicrafts voucher to spend on whatever you like.

£35, here at Poppicrafts goes a long way, so what would you choose? Maybe 500 blooms, or well in excess of 100 yards of ribbons, or over 1400 buttons. Well, whatever you choose it will certainly stock up on some serious stash.

So, what can you do with papers flowers?

I had a little play and this is what I came up with. I hope it whets your appetite.

Dry Embossing:

Run them through your embossing folder, for a textured effect.

dryemboss

Mount them on Chipboard

Our 4 pack chipboard flowers are the exact same shape and size of our large blooms to go, making it so easy to just glue them straight on top - no sanding or filing the edges!!! For a more interesting effect, why not stamp them too.

chipcover
Stamp them up
Get your rubber stamps out and have a play...
I used Autumn leaves imaginisce stamps with black stazon ink.
stampthem
Stamp and colour
I stamped them up and just coloured in, using a white gel pen and sakura gelly roll pen
stampncolour
Ink the edges
I used Tim Holtz distress inks
inkedup
Draw round the edges.
I used sakura gelly roll pens
sakuraedge
And here are a few cards....
Add sentiments or lettering to the centres.
mum2
Use Liquid Pearls.
liquidpearls
Doodle on them
doodley
Bling em' up...
I covered mine with glossy accents and then went mad with the glamour dust
blingitup
blingit2
And here are Saras fantastic more unconventional ideas:
Cut them down and make some cute little wings.
beewings
wings2
Cut them into a Christmas tree:
xmastree
Make a little skirt:
skirt
Or umbrella:
umbrella
Right, so how do you enter???
All details on how to enter are here, in the "competitions" category on the poppicrafts website. The competition is open to all european countries.
Thanks for looking and if you join in, good luck.

11 comments:

Marcea said...

cool competition - and I do lurve my flowers!!!!!
-x-

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous `creations`..`Fab` Comp Michelle..
Hope your all well and enjoying your weekend:)♥

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle..
I created a card for your fabulous Competition...
You can find it here:

http://www.terriebaileys.blogspot.com/

`Thankyou` so much..
Have a lovely Monday:)~♥~

Sara said...

Fab competition Michelle and what a prize too! Can't wait to see the entries :)

Sara x

Anonymous said...

Michelle I forgot to mention the card will be in the post this week to you chick!!!:)
`Great cause` by the way:)♥

Cheryl said...

Hi Mich.....what a lovely prize....hope you get lots of entries Mich....

I love what you have done with the pretty flowers.....where do you get your talent from, not me that is for sure.....

Luv ya loads.....Mum

marmee said...

how beautiful, it will be fun to watch what everyone will come up with.

Q said...

Dear Michelle,
You are so creative! I just love everything you did with the paper flowers.
Happy Spring.
Sherry

Julie said...

These are great ideas with the flowers and I will definitely be entering. I hadn't seen it until I had an email today. I don;t always read my emails quite as soon as I should as I have everything from my blogs going directly to my igoogle desktop. When I add myself as a follower it adds it to my igoogle, which is much more visual for me.

Hugs
julie

deifen said...

Fab ideas!!I'm inspired!
Thanks
Dei x

Leah said...

OH MY!! Loving your ideas!! Thanks for sharing!!!