Friday 12 October 2007

Altered tin




What a week. Had a virus all week. You know the type - shivering, aching, hot then cold. Nearly drove me round the bend. Thought I was better on Wednesday then it raised its ugly head again. Anyway, fingers crossed, it looks as though it is going now.


Tuesday morning had our log delivery, to some of you i'm sure this is normal, but we moved to the middle of nowhere a few months ago and the farmer who delivered them, was telling me how theyve been seasoned for 2 years, use this type for kindling and that type dont need chopping.... what??? Oh, its all new to me.


Then this morning I awoke at 0630, as I could hear a rather large vehicle outside bleeping away. So I glanced out and a man was filling our gas tank up??? Charged downstairs (not looking my best) asked my husband if he had ordered it "no". Went and had a chat with the man "oh no, he said, we just fill it up, as and when we can, and then you pay for it" Err... But no one has ordered it. "Oh, right, well you rent it from us, so thats how it works" I was a bit miffed by the whole ordeal, But I rang the supplier and thats how it works apparently as the previous home owner didnt cancel his account. Well on the upside at least we wont run out of warmth this winter. This rural living is fab, but it does take a bit of getting used to. Checking logs, gas, cesspits etc...


Anyway, back to the subject. Made this tin for nans birthday. Not really my cup of tea, but I know she will love it and the colours. And thats what counts.....
Supplies are - chipboard, blooms, ribbon and brads - my shop. pink trim - doodlebug. Paper from stash, cannot remember...
Well, must dash, gotta check the fire is still alight he..he...

No comments: