Sunday 28 October 2007

Thank you!!!


Just wanted to say a big Thanks to everyone who left such lovely comments about my card for the DCM challenge this week. It is the first time that I have joined in the fun, allthough I have looked at all the fantastic inspirational cards over the months. It has given me a real boost to join in rather than spend hours just looking at all your fab work.

Anyway made this note book for mum. Thought I would quickly try out the bind-it-all. I made some A5 covers from 2mm chipboard and covered them, then decorated the cover, leaving it nice and simple. I triple embossed some chipboard letters (dont know why - i am useless at heat embossing) and added some white rub-on lettering. Inside i just put some plain pages and a few little envelopes, so she can keep her seeds and stuff in them. She has such a superb garden and over the last couple of years I have made her quite a few detailed scrapbooks to keep all her wonderful photos in. I am not a gardener myself, but really appreciate her love for her wildlife garden. The time she spends working out in her "sanctuary" pays off every year when it just blooms into all its glory and it is so peaceful, with rare butterflys and insects fluttering about. Anyway, she can keep her notepad in her shed and jot down bits and bobs as and when. Whenever I make something new, be it a card, scrapbook, paperbag album or tin, she always has the first one. It is quite nice to look back over the years at how my crafting has changed and hopefully improved.

supplies are: chipboard letters - papermill shop. White rub-ons - MM. Big bloom - bargain at Wilkinsons (think the sales assistant thought I was going to put them in a vase, as she turned her nose up at them.) Small blooms and Big brad - my shop.

Hope you all had a good weekend...



6 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

This looks great - I'm sure your Mum will love it

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow your book looks so lovely ,your mum will love it ,hope you join in again in the dares your cards are fab,Dawnx

My Paper World said...

Love your beautiful notebook! and your mum will love it too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, Ilove your cards & altered items, I,v tagged you hope you dont mind thanks Terrie x: )
I've add your link to my blog hope you dont mindxxx

Sarah said...

Fabby book! I am very envious I soooooo want a bind it all!! Hoping I might get one for Christmas!

Rhi said...

What a fab gift! I'm so glad you've joined in DCM, hope to see many more of your creations!